星期四, 十二月 30, 2010

Review: Playstation Sound Bar

I bought this PS3 Surround Sound System about a month ago. Why? I love to use my Playstation 3 as a central media hub, i.e., playing TV series, movies, etc. The apartment comes with a HDTV (lucky me!), and sadly the stereo system of the TV is very bad. I am not an audiophile, yet I can tell the audio quality is bad! For instance, the dialog somehow is very low at the same time the background noise of the program could be so loud. In a way, I was always in a dilemma - turn up the volume to hear the dialog but it also turns up the background noise!



Finally, I think, "the hell with it" and got this sound bar. Am I happy about it? So far so good. What I appreciate from this sound bar is that it has this function that can boost up the dialog. I can now hear the dialog much clearer. And, I also appreciate that it only needs one cable to connect to the PS3 - an digital audio cable. At first, I was quite happy to see there was an auxiliary-in plug. I thought I could connect my Streamium Network Player, but apparently it could only be used with Playstation Portable. Perhaps, it is not a bad idea, but frankly I hardly use my PSP as a portable media player. And, it is not like iPod or iPhone that can play while being charged. Anyway, for its basic function as a sound bar system for Playstation 3, I think it functions perfectly well. Moreover, the price is very affordable for me - that really what counts the most important!

One last thing I like to mention is I really love the design and its dimension. It is not huge-ass like those sound bar that comes with Blu-ray functionality. It stays perfectly well on the table in front of the television - not blocking the view or not really in the way. And the remote control is certainly nicely done - size is right with all the important buttons. Well, I must say I do not regret of making such purchase. Basically I am a PS fanboy. I guess I love all the PS-related stuff, including that dreadful Move.

没有评论: