星期六, 十二月 18, 2010

What an experience... in HK!

We all know there are a lot of telephone spams, especially in Hong Kong. I got a lot of phone calls from unknown person and unknown number asking me if I am interested in their services or products. Most of the time I would humor them to say "no, thank you" or "sorry I am not convenient to talk now" and hang up. But, this time is different. The lady on the phone said they want to give me a gift as gesture for taking part in one of their phone call surveys (which I did, it was about Hong Kong tax, just one question, what do you think about HK raising tax). So, after a number of confirmation, I have gone up to their "office", as shown in picture to "pick up the gift". Curiosity is also what driving me to visiting them.



Apparently, they wanted to sell me something (no surprise there!). It was some sort of VIP service for travelling, and their company is "EV". Basically, after bombarding me with information (sweet talks) about how much I would save from travelling by joining this so-called VIP club, it was already 2.5 hours! Finally, they revealed the cost of joining, by showing me two versions - normal price costs about 300k HKD, and "on-the-spot" price is 70k HKD, with a number of installment options. I said sorry I don't have that amount of cash, and then they asked me "so, how much do you think you would feel no pressure to pay for first installment and monthly?" Then, I know... time to go.

But, before they let me go, they actually let me draw a price, and I "won" this - two-person 8D7N free accommodation in any locations I pick. So, I have no idea this price is valid because I need to go there to find out, right? Interesting experience to be honest, waste of time, yes, but now I know how they sell stuff to people, well, to innocent people. By the way, their "office" has no sign of their company name, and when being asked about it, they said they just moved in few days ago. HA!

2 条评论:

[SK] 说...

friend, this is all scam.. i receive many calls like that but i reject them all.. they sound like giving you lots of irresistible freebies, but after talking to you for few hours, there they start to ask you pay for a big sum of money to join the membership.. and once you've paid, if you are lucky you still gotta enjoy some "return" before they decided to close down and there your money turn into ashes.. 唔好上車呀~~

匿名 说...

Timeshare program. All scam.